- Audio embedder or disembedder for HD or SD signals
- Handles 4 AES streams/8 channels
- Analog audio I/O
- Dolby encoding and decoding options
- Up to one second of delay
- In-line processor for embedded audio
- Audio Automatic Loudness Control AGC software option
- Built-in audio mixer
- Phase inversion selectable on a channel basis
- Built-in sample rate converters accept asynchronous inputs
- 26 bit processing resolution
- Data mux and demux as per SMPTE 337M
- Memory registers
The 7660 module is an eight-channel audio embedder or disembedder for 1.5 high definition or 270 Mb/s standard definition signals. Four AES ports automatically configure as inputs or outputs depending on if the module is configured as mux or demux. Additionally, four channels of analog audio are supported.
Configurable Mux or Demux
When configured as a multiplexer, the 7660 has one serial digital video input and four AES audio inputs. These four AES streams are embedded into the video stream. AES inputs are sample rate-converted, allowing the use of asynchronous audio. The output of the module is a digital stream that contains the original video signal and four AES pairs, or eight channels.
When configured as a demultiplexer, audio signals present in the incoming video signal are extracted and delivered as standard AES digital audio streams.
The 7660 includes a full-featured, sixteen-channel audio mixer. The channel swap and shuffle capability allows you to completely rearrange and remix audio channels. It provides precise control over audio level, with up to 12 dB of gain to compensate for low level sources. Delay is adjustable up to one second.
Because the 7660 has simultaneous disembedding and embedding, it is an in-line processor for embedded audio. It can take embedded content, adjust levels and remap channels, and deliver it to the output as an embedded signal.
Dolby and AC-3
The 7660 can be fitted with Dolby and AC-3 encoding and decoding options. The 7615 decoding option can be fed from either an AES input or an AES stream disembedded from the incoming SDI signal. The resulting discrete surround signals are then selectable as inputs to the sixteen channel mixer/shuffler.
The 7630 Dolby encoder is fed from selected outputs of the sixteen channel mixer/shuffler. The resulting encoded bitstream can be output both on an AES output and embedded into the SDI output.
Additionally, the 7660 fully supports embedding and disembedding of encoded multi-channel bitstreams such as AC-3 and Dolby E.
LevelTrack™ Audio Loudness Control AGC Software and Compliance Options
The 9670 LevelTrack Audio Loudness Control AGC software key can be added as an option. LevelTrack provides control for keeping audio levels consistent in program material.
The 9690 Audio Compliance and Monitoring Software can be added for compliance verification and archiving.
The 7660 can be configured locally or controlled and configured remotely with Avenue Touch Screens, Express Panels, or Avenue PC Software. Alarm generation, configurable user levels, module lockout, and customizable menus are just some of the tools included in the Avenue Control System.
• 7660 HD / SD Embedder, Disembedder and Data Inserter module
• 7660-XV HD / SD Embedder, Disembedder and Data Inserter module XV configuration provides 3 SDI outputs
• 7615 Dolby E, Dolby D, AC-3 Decoder sub module and software key option. Dolby processing options incur 1 frame of delay
• 7630 Dolby E, Dolby D, AC-3 Encoder sub module and software key option. Dolby processing options incur 1 frame of delay
• 7635 Dolby D/AC-3 Encoder sub module and software key option. Dolby processing options incur 1 frame of delay
• 9670 Audio Automatic Gain Control software key option
• 9690 Audio Compliance and Monitoring Software