Information You Provide to Us
When a user engages in certain actions on the site, they may provide us with certain kinds of information. This includes activities including but not limited to:
- Creating, accessing, and updating account information
- Placing orders
- Subscribing to newsletters
- Providing feedback
- Signing up for notifications
- Using live chat
The information provided may include details such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, order details, payment information necessary to facilitate transactions on the site, and any content they may choose to provide in feedback submissions or chat conversations. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
We may also combine information users provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below).
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect information automatically about users when they visit our site. This may include details about the user’s browser type and installed extensions, operating system, access times, language, IP address, and referring URLs, along with other similar data.
Web Browser Cookies
Third Party Sites and Services
Our site may link to the sites of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content of these sites, and are not responsible for their practices or policies. We recommend our users review the relevant third-party privacy policies to better understand how those sites and services affect their privacy.
Our site employs a variety of third-party services. These include payment gateways, shipping providers, content-distribution networks, advertisers, analytics, and monitoring tools. Some of these services store information about users, and may track individuals across sites, applications, and services. These services may collect information in a similar manner as described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type, language, device type, and device identifiers.
By interacting with the site, certain information about user devices may be exposed to third parties using cookies and other tracking mechanism, these third parties include the entities in the charts below.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a technology which allows users to tell sites they visit that they don’t want to be tracked. It does this by including a special header with each request the browser sends. Where possible without breaking the functionality of our site, we try to honor Do Not Track headers by attempting to serve only third-party services which themselves promise to honor Do Not Track. However, because not all our necessary third-party service providers honor Do Not Track and because implementations may change from time to time, we cannot guarantee that we will always be successful in all cases.
Services with Third Party Cookies
These services each provide part of the functionality of our site.
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information users provide helps us respond to their customer service requests and support needs.
- To improve our site
- We may use feedback users provide to improve our products and services.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To provide personalized experiences
- To offer our users relevant content and recommendations
- To display marketing and advertising tailored to our users on our site and on other sites
- To process payments and fulfill orders
- We use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only as described in this policy and to process and fulfill that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent appropriate to provide the service.
- To prevent fraud and abuse
- We may use the information contained in orders to prevent fraudulent financial transactions and other illicit activity or violations of our terms of service.
- We may use network addresses and similar data to block or report abusive and harassing users. In cases involving potential harm to individuals, we may submit personally identifiable information to law enforcement or other third parties.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send users information pertaining to their orders and accounts. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other requests.
- If our users so choose, we may send them emails about products, events, promotions, and offers.
How Collected Information is Shared
With the exception of the behavioral and analytics data described above and except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personally identifiable information to others. However, we may share aggregate demographic information, that does not identify any individual user, with our business partners or service providers.
We may share user information in the following ways:
- With user consent. For example, if a user asks us to share their information with our partners.
- For the purposes of a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets.
- For legal, protection, security, and safety purposes. Including to comply with law or regulatory requirements, to respond to lawful requests and legal process, to protect our rights and to protect our network, or in an emergency.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information.
Data exchange between the site and its users happens over a HTTPS secured connection and is encrypted and authorized by digital signatures.
Information Choices and Changes
Users may send requests about their personal information to us through our contact information below. They can request to change contact choices or marketing choices and to update, access, delete or make other changes regarding their personal information or content that they post on our site. We may not honor all such requests unless required by law.
Regarding tracking technologies, we and our third party service providers provide our users the choices described above. User can also use browser settings to assert choice regarding cookies. Many web browsers accept cookies by default. Users can usually change their browser’s settings to reject and/or to remove many cookies. As the precise means by which this can be done will vary from browser to browser, users can view their browser’s help menu for more information. These choices will apply only to the specific browser and device from which the choice was made and may not affect activities on other browsers or different devices. Please note also that choosing to reject or remove cookies may prevent certain features or services of our site from working properly. Since cookie opt-out preferences are also stored in a cookie in a browser, please also note that deleting all cookies, using a different browser, or buying a new computer, may require renewal of opt-out choices.
Our marketing emails tell recipients how to unsubscribe from further marketing emails. After opting out, we may still send non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about accounts and orders.
We update this policy in our discretion at any time by posting the amended version here or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
870 Gold Flat Road
Nevada City, CA 95959
Last updated May 24, 2018.