- Audio embedder or disembedder for HD or SD signals
- Handles 4 AES streams/8 channels
- Up to one second of delay
- In-line processor for embedded audio
- Supports Dolby E and AC-3 data
- Audio Automatic Gain Control option
- Built-in audio mixer
- Phase inversion selectable on a channel basis
- Built-in sample rate converter accepts asynchronous inputs
- 26 bit processing resolution
- Memory registers
- Local and remote control
- “The Avenue 7600 audio embedder modules are easy to configure and that’s half the battle,” said Colin Smith, “We use the 7600 because it’s reasonably inexpensive and very flexible.” – Colin Smith, Senior Engineer at MPC
The 7600 module is a dual rate eight-channel audio embedder or disembedder for 1.5 Gb/s high definition video signals or for 270 Mb/s standard definition signals. Four AES ports automatically configure as inputs or outputs depending on if the module is configured as mux or demux.
Configurable Mux or Demux
When configured as a multiplexer, the 7600 has one serial digital video input and four AES audio inputs. These four AES streams are embedded into the video stream. AES inputs are sample rate-converted, allowing the use of asynchronous audio. The output of the module is a digital stream that contains the original video signal and four AES pairs.
When configured as a demultiplexer, audio signals present in the incoming video signal are extracted and delivered as standard AES digital audio streams.
The 7600 includes a full-featured, eight-channel audio mixer. The channel swap and shuffle capability allows you to completely rearrange and remix audio channels. It provides precise control over audio level, with up to 12 dB of gain to compensate for low level sources. All audio processing is performed at full 24 bit resolution by a digital signal processor (DSP). Delay is adjustable up to one second. Dolby E decoding is supported by adding the 7615, 7630 or 7635 modules.
Because the 7600 has simultaneous disembedding and embedding, it is an in-line processor for embedded audio. It can take embedded content, adjust levels and remap channels, and deliver it to the output as an embedded signal.
The 7600 can be configured locally or controlled and configured remotely with Avenue Touch Screen, Express Panels, or Avenue PC Software. Alarm generation, configurable user levels, module lockout, and customizable menus are just some of the tools included in the Avenue control system.
Automatic Gain Control Option
The 9670 Audio Automatic Gain Control software key can be added as an option. This option provides control for keeping audio levels consistent in program material.More…