- Convert between SMPTE 310M and ASI signals or ASI to SMPTE 310M for broadcast and transmission
- Two channels on one module provide high density conversion
- Built-in signal analyzer detects Signal Presence, Program Packets, PMT, PAT and PIDs
- Reference input sychronizes the bitstream clock on the output signals
- ETR 290 Compliant for both Priority 1 and Priority 2
- Stream monitor alarms via TCP-IP, SNMP, RS-232 and GPI
- Remote control and monitoring
The 4505 is a two channel MPEG Transport Stream Processor that works with both DVB-ASI and SMPTE 310M bitstreams. It provides stream content analysis with support for both Priority 1 and Priority 2 test protocols of the ETR 290 DVB measurement guidelines. As a converter, it can translate ASI to 310M or 310M to ASI. Using the reference input, the output bitstream can be synchronized to a video or 10 MHz reference signal.
The 4505 module is useful in broadcast and transmission applications. Set the outputs of the 4505 module to the desired signal type, either ASI or 310M. The module autosenses what type of signal is on the input and converts as needed. Outputs can be configured independently so that one channel could convert ASI to 310M and the other channel could convert 310M to ASI. Advanced configuration in the Avenue Control System allows choosing which services on the input are passed on to the output.
The built-in transport stream analyzer detects whether the input constitutes a valid signal by checking for PAT, PMT, and PID packets. In addition to the ETR 290 test protocols, the user can configure tests to define the minimum number of video and audio packets expected per second in a given service. Alarms can be generated via SNMP, Avenue PC, and contact closure outputs.
The output bitstreams can be synchronized to a video or 10 MHz reference signal. This is of particular importance in 310M applications where the symbol clock frequency acts directly in the transmitter modulation process. By using an Avenue 7400 SPG with the GPS reference option, the 4505 Stream Processor will ensure the highest possible accuracy in transmission.
Controls are easily accessed through an Avenue Control Panels, Avenue PC, GPIs, or front edge module controls.More…