- HDMI to Optical and Electrical Converter
- Use with Cameras and Other Sources that have an HDMI Output
- Passes Embedded Audio
Convert HDMI to 3G/HD/SD SDI with the BrightEye 83-F. The output format follows the input, faithfully preserving the input’s resolution and frame rate. Convenient for broadcast video cameras and other sources with an HDMI output. BrightEye 83-F presents both electrical and optical serial digital outputs.
The optical output can drive single mode fiber to a distance of 20 kilometers. With an optical launch power attenuator, multi-mode fiber can also be used.
BrightEye 83-F is for use with standard definition video signals and 3 Gb/s and 1.5 Gb/s high definition signals.
Signal monitoring and control is provided through the included BrightEye Mac and BrightEye PC software.
In compliance with the licensing restrictions on HDCP encrypted material, BrightEye 83-F cannot convert encrypted signals to SDI form. For support of HDCP encrypted content check out the BrightEye 83-H.
- Number One
- Type HDMI 1.3
- Format Supports HDMI signals which map to the video standards listed below
SDI Standards Supported
- 1080i (SMPTE 274M -4,5,6) 50, 59.94 or 60 Hz
- 720p (SMPTE 296M -1,2,3) 50, 59.94 or 60 Hz
- 1080p (SMPTE 274M -9,10,11) 23.98, 24, 25 Hz
- 1080sF (RP211 -14,15,16) 23.98, 24, 25 Hz
- 1080p (SMPTE 424M, 425M), 50, 59.94, 60, Level A
- 525i, 625i (SMPTE 259M)
Serial Digital Output
- Number Two, BNC
- Signal Type Follows input
- Impedance 75 Ω
- Return Loss >15 dB to 1.485 GHz >10 dB to 2.97 GHz
- Output DC None (AC coupled)
Optical Output (BE83-F Only)
- Number One, LC/UPC
- Type Follows input
- Wavelength 1310 nm (non-CWDM)
- Wavelengths 170 nm –1610 nm at 20 nm CWDM spacing available. Call factory for price and specify part number BE83-F-SP.
- Power -7 dBm
- Max Cable Length 20 km (For greater distances, or higher power and larger loss budgets, please contact the factory)
- Fiber Type Single Mode
- Multi-mode compatible with attenuation at transmit end
- Size 5.625” W x 0.8” H x 5.5” D (143 mm x 20 mm x 140 mm) including connectors
- Power 12 volts, 5 watts (100-230 VAC modular power supply)
- Temperature Range 0 to 40° C ambient (all specs met)
- Relative Humidity 0 to 95° non-condensing